Today I would like to share with you some pictures and “behind scenes” info about apartment makeover I was working on few months ago.
Interior & Clients
- Newly bought apartment in really bad shape
- Nice young couple in their 30s enjoying first home-to-be. They were very afraid of huge makeover but still happy to find apartment for good price and in good location.
So, they called me.. After seeing before photos, I realized that this makeover will be quite challenging :), but on the other hand, now I‘m glad to see such huge difference between before and after pictures.
Step 1: CLIENT NEEDS & SPACE DIAGNOSTIC
First, I “took” all clients request and needs (that could definitely not be covered via old space disposition) and implement it into new floor plan proposal.
- As you can see, living area is now bigger – wall between living room and kitchen was cancelled – and also brighter due to light coming from two windows instead of one.
- Through this step we have also got rid of unnecessary space – old corridor leading to kitchen. This area is now much better used as a part of new bathroom.
.. Here you can see how each 3D visualisation of new interior starts – by modeling clean space which has to be furnished.
And how to furnish? Whole process is based on very important client style diagnostic.
Step 2: CLIENT STYLE DIAGNOSTIC & INTERIOR CONCEPT BOARD
This lovely couple fortunately likes similar style and wished to have:
- modern, airy interior in shades of grey (both loving especially anthracite color)
But.. there were also some different desires specific for each of them:
- he was insisting on natural materials, wood, “raw” look, simple, clean lines, design pieces, while
- she asked for implementing at least few elegant, bright, cozy and nostalgic elements…
According all information I have prepared this first rough proposal – “interior concept board”. And after approval of both, I started to create their new home..
First, I have designed new living room with kitchen.. (based on this interior dimensions):
MY INTERIOR DESIGN 3D PROPOSAL
Click here to see PHOTOGALLERY of pictures in FULL SIZE!
- New proposal brought some elegance into living area via floor tripod lamp, brass faucet, Tom Dixon inspired white lamp, granite kitchen sink, long curtains – that was enough for “her”, but acceptable for “him” :D.
- Actually, I selected all components in more feminine shape (chairs by Charles Eames, sofa with tiny curved legs, ..) to bring a little bit of mid century modern feeling.
- But in the next step, I grounded it with natural elements and minimalist concept (deserved by “him”) manifested for example in clean 1-piece highgloss backsplash without tilling or one oversized art instead more small pictures and decorations..
I think this is enough information for one article, isn’t it? Hope you like it and pleeease feel free to comment or/and share with your friends. Thank you so much! Oli
P.S.1: Bedroom design will be presented in next post.. HERE 🙂
PS.2: This 3D design visualisation – proposal of new interior for clients (based on real model of specific interior with precise dimensions) is now available also as very affordable➜ online service.